Call a licensed insurance agent/producer: 800-210-3968 TTY: 711 Mon-Fri 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. ET, Sat 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET
1500 Stony Brook Road
Stony Brook, New York USA 11794
Attn: Legal Dept.
What Information is collected?
Additionally, Converge uses industry-leading technologies to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide us.
Converge may collect protected health information from you, which includes any information about your health or medical history that you may provide in a health insurance application.
Converge may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third-parties from which Converge may have obtained data, and combine this data with information Converge already has about you. Converge may use such data to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. Examples of the types of personal information that may be obtained from public sources or third-parties and combined with currently-held information may include: (a) address information from third-party sources to verify your address so in order to properly communicate with you and to prevent fraud and/or (b) create more tailored advertising and products.
You do not have to provide Converge with personal information if you choose not to; however, that may limit your ability to use certain functions of this Converge website or to request certain services or information from Converge.
How Will Your Information Be Used and Shared?
Converge may use your personal information in the following ways:
To send periodic service-related emails, such as account verification, changes or updates to features on the
Converge website, and technical/security notices, or respond to a request from you.
- To personalize the Converge website for you.
- To process an application completed by you. If you submit an application for an insurance product available through the Converge website, Converge will then disclose that personal information you have provided to your chosen insurance company to process your application.
- To process payments as requested by you. Converge may disclose your personal information to other companies that assist in processing payments; these companies are not permitted to use your personal information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
- To provide you with information that may be useful to you, such as information about health products or services available through Converge website or other businesses.
- To perform analytics and to improve or optimize Converge services and website.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process. In certain situations, Converge may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by law enforcement authorities, to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process. Converge may disclose your personal information in the event that the disclosure is required or permitted under law to: cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities; resolve consumer disputes; protect your (and others) health, safety, or welfare; protect Converge rights, the rights of affiliates or related third-parties, or take appropriate legal action, investigate fraud; otherwise respond to a government request; or as otherwise necessary to conduct business, as long as such use is permitted by law.
- If Softheon is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Converge website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
You may change or update your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing
1500 Stony Brook Road, Stony Brook, New York USA 11794.
Please note that information already shared with third-parties, may not be revisable.
Converge uses Google Analytics and Raygun to collect visitor data and analyze traffic on the Converge website. This information assists in understanding customer interests and website improvements.
Converge utilizes commercially-reasonable measures designed to protect the information that you provide on the Converge website. Converge exercises reasonable efforts to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your personal information and insurance information; however, transmissions protected by industry standard technology and administered by humans cannot be guaranteed to be secure. Converge is not and will be not liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information that occurs through no fault of Converge, including, but not limited to, errors in transmission, uses of your data by a third-party, your failure to comply with your security obligations, and the unauthorized acts of others. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords.
Information for Children Under 13.
The Converge website is not directed at or intended for children 13 years of age or younger. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Converge website. Do not register on the website, or provide any information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user-name you may use. In the event that Converge becomes aware of information provided by a child 13 years old or younger without verification of parental consent, that information will be deleted. If you believe that information from a child under 13 years old or younger may have provided to Converge without parental consent, please contact us at: email@example.com.
In the event that you post comments, statements or other materials to the Converge website, the following requirements apply and such posts, as listed below, are not permitted:
- Contain any third-party material including logos, drawings, tattoos, photographs, pictures, sculptures, paintings and other images or works of art, phrases, trademarks, trade secrets or other items without explicit prior written permission to use such materials.
- Contain sexually explicit, graphic, gratuitous or unnecessarily violent content or defamatory or derogatory content against any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, sexual orientation, professional or age group or contain any pornographic or nude material.
- Contain any private information about yourself or any other individual, including without limitation, information related to the health of the individual, financial information about the individual or any identification or account numbers related to the individual, with or without their permission or consent.
- Contain any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Contain any advertising, promotional materials, junk mail , spam , chain letters , pyramid schemes , or promote illegal activity and/or illegal contests, sweepstakes, gambling, including any online casino, sports books, bingo, poker or any other form of solicitation.
Converge reserves the right to edit comments for content, remove off-topic contributions, delete offensive comments or remarks, block offensive contributors and delete actual or suspected spam content from any website that Converge controls. Please be aware that once you post something online, there is the potential for numerous individuals to read your words. Therefore, please exercise caution when posting on any website and that you not disclose personally identifiable information like your location, health insurance ID numbers, personal medical information, financial information, etc.
Converge is not responsible for the content of any comments or responses posted by others to the Converge website or social media site managed or monitored by Converge, if any. Converge do not control the placement of any marketing or advertising displayed on social media and the inclusion of links to other websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on the websites.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Converge to a third-party for the third-party’s direct marketing purposes. This right granted to California residents applies only to their activities within the State of California. To make such a request, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:
1500 Stony Brook Road
Stony Brook, New York USA 11794